Unfortunately, for political and financial reasons, the FDA chooses to take a hands-off approach to the validity of essential oils and their efficacy which allows a lot of manufacturers to take advantage of the lack of regulation and therefore, sell inferior products to the public. You need to know that every essential oil on the market besides Young Living is coming from a middle-man. That's right folks, every essential oil brand on the market (aside from YL) is only a re-seller or broker of essential oils! Not one of them can make all of the following claims listed below.
Here are 8 main reasons why Young Living is different from and superior to any other essential oil manufacturer and seller (or perhaps more accurately, "re-seller") on the market.
1) Young Living owns multiple farms on five continents. They are located in the U.S., France, Ecuador, Oman, Israel, and Taiwan. YOU can visit the farms. What other essential oil companies do you know of that own farms?
2) Young Living does not use chemicals during their farming process. No seeds or soil has ever been sprayed with a chemical. What other essential oil companies do you know of that can guarantee their plants have never been touched by chemicals?
3) Young Living practices sustainable farming. They replant seedlings each year. Sales employees of Young Living even participate in the planting process. There are essential oil companies that donate a percent of their profits to farm sustenance. Aura Cacia donates 1% of their profits to organic farms.
4) Young Living conducts their own distillation of essential oils. They own state-of-the-art distilleries in the U.S., Oman, and Ecuador. Young Living guarantees that their essential oils contain the 1st distillation of the oil making process. (The plant, flower, root, rind, etc can be distilled multiple times and still smell authentic however all of the healing properties are lost after the first distillation.) No other essential oil company can make the same claim.
5) Young Living does not adulterate their essential oils. They are 100% pure. You can EAT them. No other brand can make this claim! Other brands can, however claim they are 100% pure because the FDA allows an essential oil to be labeled as pure as long as the bottle contains 5% of actual essential oil. This means that the oil can be adulterated or diluted. If the label doesn't say you can ingest it, then it ISN'T pure!
6) Young Living essential oils do not expire. They do not lose efficacy over time. Read your labels and search for expiration dates. They are sometimes printed on the bottom of the bottle.
7) Young Living conducts in-house testing and 3rd party testing on every single batch of oil. If it doesn't pass the quality test, it is thrown out and they start over. Other essential oil companies claim to batch test bottles at random. Does that sound like quality assurance to you?
8) Young Living is the World Leader in essential oil production, medicine, and research. They are carried and used by over 50 hospitals nationwide including The Cleveland Clinic, our nation's 3rd largest hospital. No other essential oil company can make that claim.
All One, ALL LOVE,